Ordained in 1951, Father Robert Thurner was named by the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis on December 5, 2013 as having a substantiated claim of sexual abuse of a minor.
Father Thurner worked as a pastor in the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis from 1951-1991.
According to the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, Father Robert Thurner worked in the following parishes:
- Associate priest, Most Holy Trinity, St. Louis Park, 1951-1963
- Administrator, Most Holy Trinity, St. Louis Park, 1959
- Associate priest, St. Luke, St. Paul, 1963-1967
- Pastor, St. Michael, Prior Lake, 1967-1970
- Pastor, St. John the Evangelist, Hopkins, 1970-1983
- Associate priest, St. Joseph, West St. Paul, 1983-1986
- Temporary administrator, St. Edward, Bloomington, 1986
- Pastor, St. Therese, St. Paul, 1986-1991
Father Thurner was permanently removed from ministry in 2002. The Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis believe he is currently residing in Maplewood, MN.
Summons and Complaint Reverend Robert Michael Thurner Timeline Memo from Archbishop Roach to Fr. Carlson and Msgr. Hayden re Fr. Thurner's sexual relationship with a boy 11-11-1982 Letter from Fr. Thurner to Archbishop Roach re Fr. Thurner's resignation from St. John the Evangelist Letter from Archbishop Roach to Fr. Thurner re Fr. Thurner's resignation from St. John the Evangelist - 11-12-1982 Memo from Fr. Korf to Archbishop Roach re Fr. Thurner's resignation 4-13-1983 Fr. Thurner's resignation form - St. John the Evangelist - 4-13-1983 Letter from Archbishop Roach accepting Fr. Thurner's resignation from St. John the Evangelist 5-25-1983 Letter re Fr. Thurner being named Associate Pastor of St. Joseph's 5-27-1983 Letter from Fr. O'Connell referring Thurner to Schoener - 5-5-1988 Memo from Fr. O'Connell re Thurner Lawsuit 6-7-1990 Thurner Answers to Interrogatories 9-24-1990 Letter from Sepler to Anderson re Joe Doe v. Archdioocese - 7-8-1991 News Release - Thurner 10-28-13 Archdiocesan Officals Fr. Robert Thurner photo