John G. McLoughlin
In October 2003, Fr. John G. McLoughlin of the Diocese of Brooklyn was named in a lawsuit brought by survivors of child sexual abuse. Fr. McLoughlin was working at St. Mary’s Nativity Church in Queens, New York, when he allegedly sexually abused two survivors in approximately the late 1960s.
Fr. John G. McLoughlin was ordained a priest for the Diocese of Brooklyn in 1965 and worked at the following locations:
• 1966-1970: St. Mary’s Nativity, Queens, NY
• 1971-1974: Cathedral Preparatory Seminary of the Immaculate Conception, Elmhurst, NY
• 1975-1980: Good Shepherd, Brooklyn, NY
• 1981-1983: St. Sebastian’s, Queens, NY
• 1984-1992: Our Lady of Mercy, Queens, NY
• 1993: Unknown
• 1994: Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary and St. Stephen, Brooklyn, NY
Fr. John G. McLoughlin died on August 3, 1994.
(Sources: The Official Catholic Directory & www.bishop-accountability.org)