Father Jeub was born on February 21, 1940. He was ordained in 1966. Father Jeub was accused of abuse by several women throughout the course of his career as a priest. In 1992, a woman accused Father Jeub of abusing her in 1969 when she was 15 years old and he was working at Our Lady of Grace in Edina, Minnesota. A second woman accused Jeub of sexually abusing her from 1967-1990. The second woman declined a settlement offer and Father Jeub was found not to have engaged in abusive behavior in a civil trial.
Father Jeub was sent to St. Luke’s Institute in 1990 for evaluation and treatment. The Vicar General of the Archdiocese wrote in 1991 that Jeub had a history of exploitive sexual relations with adult women. Father Richard Jeub was removed from full-time ministry, but was eventually allowed to return. Jeub resigned from parish ministry in 2002, and subsequently resided in Crosby, Minnesota, in the Diocese of Duluth. Jeub continued to exercise ministry as a lector and communion minister at a Diocese of Duluth parish in Deerwood, Minnesota until at least 2009.
Father Jeub is included on official lists of clergy members who have been credibly accused of child sexual abuse, including lists made public by the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis and the Diocese of Duluth. According to the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis and the Diocese of Duluth, Father Jeub worked at the following parishes and locations:
• 1966-67 Associate priest, St. Joseh, Hopkins, MN
• 1967-70 Associate priest, Our Lady of Grace, Edina, MN
• 1970-76 Associate priest, St. Mark, St. Paul, MN
• 1976-78 Associate priest, Christ the King, Minneapolis, MN
• 1978-82 Chaplain, Methodist Hospital, St. Louis Park, MN
• 1978-82 Chaplain, Fairview Southdale Hospital, Edina, MN
• 1981-90 Pastor, St. Kevin, Minneapolis, MN
• 1996-97 Associate priest, Sacred Heart, Robbinsdale, MN
• 1997-2000 Associate priest, Sacred Heart/St. Lawrence, Faribault, MN
• 2000-02 Associate priest, St. Rose of Lima, Roseville, MN
• 2002 Retired
• 2002 Permanently removed from ministry
Efforts to unseal the secret documents regarding clergy sexual abuse in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, and the Diocese of Duluth, began with the first lawsuits filed under the Child Victims Act in May and June of 2013. Since then, survivors have taken numerous actions to make the files public.
Father Jeub’s Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis priest file was released to the public as part of a civil lawsuit filed in Ramsey County in May, 2013.
More information on the Diocese of Duluth bankruptcy can be found at:www.andersonadvocates.com/Bankruptcy