Fr. Kieran (Kiernan) T. Ahearn (Ahern) (Thomas Kieran), O.F.M. Cap.
- 1965: Our Lady of Sorrows, New York, NY (NY)
- 1966-1969: St. Anthony Friary of the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin, Hudson, NH (MAN)
- 1970-1971: St. Lawrence Friary, Capuchin Franciscan Fathers, Milton, MA (BO)
- 1972-1980: Smithtown General Hospital, Smithtown, NY (RVC)
- 1978-1981: St. Ann’s Friary, Capuchin Fathers, Smithtown, NY (RVC)
- 1982: Unknown
- 1983-1984: St. Pius X, Middletown, CT (NOR)
- 1985: St. Joseph the Worker, East Patchogue, NY (RVC)
- 1986-1990: St. Luke’s, Westport, CT (BGP)
- 1991-1993: St. Mary’s, Bethel, CT (BGP)
- 1994-1997: Leave of Absence
- 1997: Died
Fr. Thomas Kieran Ahearn was ordained a priest of the Capuchin Franciscan Friar order. Fr. Ahearn was placed on leave following an allegation of sexual abuse involving a minor in 1993 while he was assigned to St. Mary’s in Bethel, Connecticut. Fr. Ahearn was acquitted of the sexual abuse charges, but was convicted on a lesser charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, sentenced to two years’ probation, fined, and ordered to stay away from children for two years. Fr. Ahearn is named on the Diocese of Bridgeport’s list of “Credibly Accused Clergy with diocesan assignments (unless noted) on whose behalf settlements were paid regarding an allegation of sexual abuse of a minor.” Fr. Ahearn’s status as a priest, whereabouts, and whether he had access to children from 1993 until his death in 1997 are unknown.