Edward Lawrence Ball
Fr. Edward L. Ball, M.S.C.
- 1967 St. John the Baptist, Haycock Run, PA
- 1968 Sacred Heart Novitiate, Youngstown, OH
- 1969-1971 Sacred Heart Seminary, Center Valley, PA
- 1972-1979 M.S.C. Center, Shelby, OH
- 1980-1983 Unknown
- 1984-1986 Priests of the Province serving elsewhere (Aurora, IL)
- 1987-1989 Unknown
- 1990-1993 Our Lady of Fatima, San Bernardino, CA
- 1994-2001 Missionaries of the Sacred Heart Community, Aurora, IL
- 2002-2018 Unknown
Notes: Fr. Edward Ball began his career in Pennsylvania and worked there for nearly a decade and a half before moving to San Bernardino. In 1992, Fr. Ball was indicted on 4 counts of abuse of minors and removed from ministry. He pleaded guilty and no contest to two of the four counts and was sentenced to 9 months in jail and 5 years ofprobation. In 1994, two boys filed a lawsuit against Fr. Ball, which was settled out of court. In 1999, Fr. Ball was charged with 31 counts of sexual assault in connection with alleged abuse of two altar boys over a decade previously in San Bernardino County. Fr. Ball pleaded no contest and was sentenced to three years in prison. The same alleged victims also filed a civil lawsuit against the Diocese of San Bernardino, the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart, and Fr. Ball which was settled by the Diocese and the
Missionaries of the Sacred Heart in 2003. The alleged victims subsequently won a verdict against Fr. Ball. Fr. Ball was included in the Diocese of San Bernardino’s list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. He was believed to be living in Robertsville, Missouri as of 2008. According to the Diocese of San Bernardino, Fr. Ball is deceased.