Alfred B. Soave
In 2003, Fr. Alfred B. Soave was named in a child sexual abuse lawsuit. Fr. Soave worked at St. Hugh of Lincoln in Huntington Station, New York when he allegedly sexually abused a 13-year-old boy in approximately the late 1970s.
In 2002, a grand jury was convened to investigate the Diocese of Rockville Centre’s handling of clergy sexual abuse allegations. The Suffolk County Grand Jury’s description of Priest T matches Fr. Soave’s appointment to the position of Vicar for Senior Priests.
Fr. Alfred B. Soave was ordained a priest for the Diocese of Brooklyn on May 22, 1948, before the Diocese of Rockville Centre was created in 1957. He worked at the following locations in the Dioceses of Brooklyn and Rockville Centre:
- 1949-1968: St. Dominic’s, Oyster Bay, NY
- 1960: Newman Clubs – C.W. Post College, Greenvale, NY
- 1961-1966: Newman Clubs – State University College, Oyster Bay, NY
- 1969-1973: St. Andrew’s, Sag Harbor, NY (1969-1971: Administrator)
- 1970-1977: Board of Priestly Concerns
- 1972-1973: Deans and Delegates – Our Lady the Morning Star (Assistant Dean)
- 1974-1987: St. Hugh’s a/k/a St. Hugh of Lincoln, Huntington Station, NY (1982-1983: Pastor; 1987: Rev. Msgr.)
- 1974-1977: Diocesan Seminary of the Immaculate Conception, Huntington, NY
- 1975-1987: Deans and Assistant Deans – Our Lady Queen of Apostles Deanery (1975-1976: Assistant Dean; 1977-1987: Dean)
- 1980-1982: Priests’ Personnel Assignment Board
- 1986-1988: Priests’ Personnel Assignment Board
- 1988-1990: St. Pius X Residence, Smithtown, NY (Rector)
- 1989: Vicar for Senior Priests
- 1991-1999: St. Pius X Residence, Uniondale, NY (1991-1996: Rector; 1997-1999: In residence)
- 1992-1996: Priests’ Sickness, Disability, and Retirement Board
- 1997-1999: Retired
Fr. Alfred B. Soave died on March 11, 1999.
(Source: Official Catholic Directory & www.bishop-accountability.org)