Andrew L. Millar
In 1999, Fr. Andrew L. Millar was accused of child sexual abuse. Fr. Millar worked at Sacred Heart in North Merrick, New York when he allegedly sexually abused a 10-year-old boy. Before the allegation was made, Fr. Millar had undergone psychiatric treatment at St. Luke’s Institute in Suitland, Maryland, in approximately 1994. Fr. Millar was allowed to retire in 1999, but continued to conduct masses at Saints Peter and Paul in Manorville, New York. The Diocese neglected to inform parishioners at Saints Peter and Paul about the complaint, treatment, or three other complaints made against Fr. Millar since 1995.
In May 2000, Fr. Millar was arrested and charged with child sexual abuse. Fr. Millar pleaded guilty to sexually abusing a 15-year-old boy with a mental disability in a bathroom stall at Tobay Beach in Massapequa, New York. In November 2000, Fr. Millar was sentenced to serve one to three years at the Arthur Kill Correctional Facility in Staten Island, New York. Prior to his release, Fr. Millar requested laicization.
In 2002, a grand jury was convened to investigate the Diocese of Rockville Centre’s handling of child sexual abuse allegations. The Suffolk Grand Jury’s description of Priest V matches public allegations against Fr. Millar.
Fr. Andrew L. Millar was ordained a priest in Ireland on March 1, 1958 and began working in the Diocese of Rockville Centre in 1964. Fr. Millar worked at the following locations:
- 1964-1969: St. Christopher’s, Baldwin, NY
- 1969-1970: Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary, Southampton
- 1970: Incardinated in the Diocese of Rockville Centre
- 1970-1977: Our Lady of Grace, West Babylon, NY
- 1977-1982: St. Matthew’s, Dix Hills, NY
- 1982-1990: St. Raymond’s, East Rockaway, NY
- 1990-1994: Sacred Heart, North Merrick, NY
- 1994-1995: Holy Name of Mary, Valley Stream, NY
- 1996-1998: Maria Regina, Seaford, NY
- 1998-1999: Our Lady of Lourdes, Massapequa Park, NY
- 1999-2000: Saints Peter and Paul, Manorville, NY
Fr. Andrew L. Millar is currently registered as a level 3 sex offender in the state of New York. He is believed to be residing in Rockville Centre.