Angelo J. Ditta
In 2003, Fr. Angelo J. Ditta was named in a civil suit brought by survivors of child sexual abuse. Fr. Ditta worked at Our Lady of Grace in West Babylon, New York, when he allegedly sexually abused a young boy from approximately 1984 to 1989. Fr. Ditta allegedly continued to sexually abuse the young boy after he moved on to two different parish assignments at St. Margaret of Scotland in Selden and St. Louis de Montfort in Sound Beach. In March 2002, the Diocese of Rockville Centre removed Fr. Ditta from active duty based on a complaint of child sexual abuse the Diocese had been aware of since the survivor reported his abuse in 1997.
In 2002, a grand jury was convened to investigate the Diocese of Rockville Centre’s handling of clergy sexual abuse allegations. The Suffolk County Grand Jury’s description of Priest H matches a public allegation of child sexual abuse against Fr. Ditta.
Fr. Angelo J. Ditta was ordained a priest for the Diocese of Rockville Centre on May 10, 1986 and worked at the following locations:
- 1984-1986: Our Lady of Grace, West Babylon, NY (deacon and, later, a priest)
- 1986-1989: St. Margaret of Scotland, Selden, NY
- 1989-1990: St. Louis de Montfort, Sound Beach, NY
- 1990-1995: St. Luke’s, Brentwood, NY
- 1995-1998: St. Joseph’s, Ronkonkoma, NY
- 1998: In residence at St. Pius X Hospice, Uniondale, NY
- 1999: Unknown
- 2000-2002: Nassau County Medical Center, East Meadow, NY (chaplain)
Fr. Ditta also celebrated weekend Mass at Our Lady of Good Counsel in Mattituck, New York, and was an adjunct professor at Dowling College in Oakdale, New York.