Fr. John (Giovanni) Bocciarelli, C.S.
- 1946-1947 Unknown
- 1947-1953 Holy Ghost, Providence, RI (PRO)
- 1954-1972 St. Anthony’s, Somerville, MA (BO)
- 1973 Scalabrinian Provincial Curia, New York, NY (NY)
- 1974-1984 Holy Ghost, Providence, RI (PRO)
- 1985-1989 St. Anthony, Everett, MA (BO)
- 1990-1997 St. Anthony, Somerville, MA (BO)
- 1998 Died
Fr. John Bocciarelli was ordained a priest of the Missionaries of St. Charles-Scalabrinians. It is believed Fr. Bocciarelli moved from Italy to the United States in approximately 1947. The Archdiocese of Boston allegedly received a report in 1997 that Fr. Bocciarelli had sexually assaulted a minor boy from approximately 1967 to 1969 at St. Anthony’s Parish in Somerville, Massachusetts. It is believed Fr. Bocciarelli returned to Italy in the 1990s prior to his death in 1998. Fr. Bocciarelli’s name was reportedly omitted from the Archdiocese of Boston’s 2011 list of clerics accused of sexually abusing children because he was religious order, as opposed to a diocesan, priest. Fr. Bocciarelli’s status as a priest, whereabouts, and whether he had access to children from 1997 until his death in 1998 is unknown.