Brendan P. Riordan
In 1995, the Diocese of Worcester settled a child sexual abuse lawsuit which named Fr. Brendan P. Riordan. Fr. Riordan was the Director of Education at the House of Affirmation in the Massachusetts Diocese of Worcester when he allegedly sexually abused a boy there.
Fr. Brendan P. Riordan was ordained a priest for the Diocese of Rockville Centre in 1970 and worked at the following locations:
- 1970-1975: St. Aloysius, Great Neck, NY
- 1975-1984: St. Pius X Prep Seminary, Uniondale, NY (in residence from 1978 to 1984)
- 1982-1984: St. James, Seaford, NY (Temporary Administrator)
- 1984-1986: House of Affirmation, Boston [sic], MA (Director of Education)
- 1986-1988: St. Kilian, Farmingdale, NY
- 1989-1998: SS. Cyril & Methodius, Deer Park, NY
- 1998-2007: St. Aloysius, Great Neck, NY
Fr. Brendan P. Riordan served on the board of Community Organization for Parents and Youth (COPAY), a Long Island nonprofit that counsels’ drug addicted teens. COPAY denies any current affiliation. Fr. Riordan is believed to be residing in West Palm Beach, Florida.
(Source: Official Catholic Directory & www.bishop-accountability.org)