Fr. David (Dave) E. Johnson, O.F.M.
- 1977-1980 St. Anthony’s, Santa Barbara, CA (LA)
- 1980-1981 Berkley, CA (OAK)
- 1981-1982 Oakland, CA (OAK)
- 1982-1983 St. Anthony’s, Santa Barbara, CA (LA)
- 1983-1984 Franciscan School of Theology, Berkley, CA (OAK)
- 1984-1985 St. James, Las Vegas, NV (LAV)
- 1985-1988 St. George, Seattle, WA (SEA)
- 1988-1999 St. Anthony’s, Three Rivers, CA (FRS)
- 2000-2001 Old Mission San Luis Rey, San Diego, CA (SD)
- 2002-2018: Unknown
Fr. David (Dave) E. Johnson was a member of the Franciscan Friars of the Province of St. Barbara, part of what is formally known as the Order of Friars Minor. Fr. Johnson has been named in at least five civil lawsuits alleging child sexual abuse. In 2001, Fr. Johnson reportedly left the order and was laicized. Fr. Johnson was included in the Archdiocese of Seattle’s “List of Clergy and Religious Brothers and Sisters for Whom Allegations of Sexual Abuse of a Minor Have been Admitted, Established, or Determined to be Credible.” In 2019, Fr. Johnson was included in the Franciscan Friars Province of Santa Barbara’s “List of Franciscan Friars from the St. Barbara Province with Credibly (sic) Claims of Sexual Abuse of a Minor” in the section, “Former Province of St. Barbara Friars Who Have Been Credibly Accused Who Have Left The Order.”
According to this list, reports were made in 1993, 2006, 2007, and 2009 alleging that Fr. Johnson sexually abused minors from approximately 1978 to 1982. As of 2016, Fr. Johnson was believed to be living in Hurricane, Utah. Whether he has access to children is unknown.