Br. Gerald T. Chumik, O.F.M.
- 1978-1982: St. Joseph’s, Los Angeles, CA (LA)
- 1986-1997: St. Joseph’s, Los Angeles, CA (LA)
- 1982-1985: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, Fresno, CA (FRS)
- 1997-2003: St. Anthony’s Retreat, Three Rivers, CA (FRS)
- 1985-1986: St. Anthony’s Retreat, Three Rivers, CA (FRS)
- 2003-2004: Old Mission Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA (LA)
- 1970-1981: Mexican Missions, Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico (StBProv) 2004-2019 Elder Care Facility, M
Br. Gerald Chumik was a member of the Franciscan Friars of the Province of St. Barbara, part of what is formally known as the Order of Friars Minor. Criminal charges were filed against Br. Chumik and he was subsequently restricted from ministry in 1990 and removed from ministry in 1993. In 2019, Br. Chumik was included in the Franciscan Friars Province of Santa Barbara’s “List of Franciscan Friars from the St. Barbara Province with Credibly (sic) Claims of Sexual Abuse of a Minor” in the section, “Credibly Accused Friars Still Living.” According to this list, a report was made in 1990 alleging that Br. Chumik sexually abused a minor in approximately 1973. Franciscan Friars of the Province of St. Barbara report that Br. Chumik is currently living in Missouri. His current status as a brother and whether he has access to children are unknown.