James C. Miller
In 1994, Fr. James C. Miller was named in a child sexual abuse lawsuit. Fr. Miller worked at St. John the Baptist High School in West Islip, New York when he allegedly sexually abused two teenage boys. The case was settled and sealed to the public. It is believed the Diocese made a cash settlement in the case and agreed to pay for the survivors’ therapy.
Fr. James C. Miller was ordained a priest for the Diocese of Rockville Centre on May 14, 1983 and worked at the following locations:
- 1983-1986: Sacred Heart, Cutchogue, NY
- 1986-1992: St. John the Baptist High School, West Islip, NY (chaplain and counselor)
- 1992-1993: St. Anthony of Padua, East Northport, NY
- 1993-1997: St. Charles/Mather Hospital, Port Jefferson, NY (chaplain)
- 1993-1996: St. Gerard Majella, Port Jefferson, NY
- 1996-1997: St. Anne’s, Garden City, NY
- 1998-2001: St. Anne’s, Garden City, NY (in residence)
- 2001-unknown: Leave of absence
Fr. Miller is believed to be residing in Riverhead, New York.