Fr. James A. Spielman, S.J.
- 1970: Ordained
- 1971: Unknown
- 1972-1977: St. Aloysius, Springville, NY
- 1978: St. Patrick, Salamanca, NY
- 1979-1983: Archbishop Walsh High School, Olean, NY
- 1984-1986: St. Mary, Canaseraga, NY
- 1987-1989: St. Peter & Paul, Jamestown, NY
- 1990: Unknown
- 1991-1993: St. Mary, Canaseraga, NY; Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Portageville, NY
- 1994-2018: Unknown
Notes: It is believed that Fr. James A. Spielman worked in the Diocese of Honolulu at some point during his career as a priest. Bishop Head of the Diocese of Buffalo allegedly knew of allegations of sexual abuse involving Fr. Spielman in 1989. It is believed Fr. Spielman was sent for treatment at Southdown. Six months later, he was returned to ministry at St. Peter & Paul in Jamestown, NY. In 1993, Fr. Spielman was accused of sexually abusing an altar boy at St. Joseph’s Church in Scio, NY, in the 1970s. The Diocese of Buffalo reached a settlement with the alleged survivor. Fr. Spielman reportedly resigned from the priesthood and moved to Alaska in 1993 after the allegation surfaced. In 2011, Fr. Spielman was believed to be living in Naalehu, Hawaii. In 2014, Fr. Spielman and the Diocese of Honolulu were named in a civil lawsuit by a survivor who alleged Fr. Spielman abused him from 1979 to 1982. Fr. Spielman’s status as a priest, his current whereabouts and whether he has access to children are unknown.