Fr. James “Jim” Nickel, SS.CC.
- 1970: Ordained
- 1970-1971: Bishop Amat Memorial High School, La Puente, CA
- 1971-1972: Fr. Damien Seminary, Winona, MN
- 1972: St. Mary’s, Minnieska, MN
- 1972-1978: Holy Trinity, West Harwich, MN
- 1972-1978: Our Lady of the Annunciation, Dennisport, MA
- 1978-1982: Abaco Island, Bahamas
- 1982-1983: Marsh Harbour, Bahamas
- 1983-1993: St. Mary’s, Fairhaven, MA
- 1993-1999: Sacred Hearts Provincial House, Fairhaven, MA
- 1999-2008: Damien Ministries, Washington, D.C.
- 2008: Died
Notes: Fr. James Nickel was a member of the Sacred Hearts religious order. Fr. Nickel worked in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles for approximately two years at Bishop Amat Memorial High School in La Puente. Fr. Nickel has been named in at least three civil lawsuits alleging child sexual abuse and at least eight people have accused Fr. Nickel of child sexual abuse. Fr. Nickel allegedly abused altar boys during trips to Cape Cod, the Bahamas, Illinois, New York, Washington, D.C., Rhode Island, and New Hampshire.