John D. Mott
In 1994, Fr. John D. Mott was named in a child sexual abuse lawsuit. Fr. Mott worked at St. Raphael’s in East Meadow, New York when he allegedly sexually abused a 15-year-old girl in approximately the 1960s. Since the lawsuit was filed four other women have come forward to accuse Fr. Mott of sexually abusing them as children. In 1997, a second child sexual abuse lawsuit was filed against Fr. Mott by two of the four women who had previously come forward to report him. Both the 1994 and 1997 lawsuits were dismissed on statute of limitations grounds.
Fr. John D. Mott was ordained a priest for the Diocese of Brooklyn on June 2, 1956, before the Diocese of Rockville Centre was created in 1957. He subsequently worked at the following locations in the Diocese of Rockville Centre:
- 1957-1969: St. Raphael, East Meadow, NY
- 1970-1971: St. Pius X, Plainview, NY
- 1972-1976: St. Aidan’s, Williston Park, NY
- 1977-1990: St. Patrick, Smithtown, NY
- 1983-1992: Procurator Advocates
- 1988-1990: Senate of Priests (and College of Consultors)
- 1991-1995: St. Catherine of Sienna, Franklin Square, NY
- 1996: Unknown
- 1997: Our Lady of Mercy, Hicksville, NY
- 1998-1999: Sick leave
- 1999: St. Pius X Residence, Uniondale, NY (in residence)
Fr. John D. Mott died on June 9, 1999.
(Source: Official Catholic Directory & www.bishop-accountability.org)