John J. McGeever
In 2017, Fr. John J. McGeever was accused of child sexual abuse. Fr. McGeever worked at parishes in Rockville Centre, Mineola, and Cedarhurst when he allegedly sexually abused a boy from approximately 1983 to 1993. The boy was 14 years old when Fr. McGeever allegedly began to sexually abuse him.
Fr. John J. McGeever was ordained a priest for the Diocese of Rockville Centre in 1968 and worked at the following locations:
- 1969-1979: St. Patrick’s, Huntington, NY
- 1980: Holy Spirit, New Hyde Park, NY
- 1981-1987: St. Agnes Cathedral, Rockville Centre, NY
- 1988: Corpus Christi, Mineola, NY
- 1989-1993: St. Joachim, Cedarhurst, NY
Fr. John J. McGeever died on November 21, 1993.
(Source: Official Catholic Directory & www.bishop-accountability.org)