Louis I. Newman
In 2002, Fr. Louis I. Newman’s priestly faculties were removed following allegations of sexual misconduct.
Fr. Louis I. Newman was ordained a priest for the Diocese of Rockville Centre on May 31, 1958 and worked at the following locations:
- 1958-1962: St. Pius X, Plainview, NY
- 1962-1969: Cure of Ars, Merrick, NY
- 1969-1977: Diocesan Tribunal (Canonical Consultant; Promoter of Justice; and Vice Officialis)
- 1977-1980: St. Boniface, Elmont, NY
- 1980-1984: St. Ignatius Loyola, Hicksville, NY
- 1984-1989: Saints Cyril and Methodius, Deer Park, NY
- 1989-1991: St. Patrick’s, Carlsbad, CA
- 1991-1994: San Diego, CA
- 1994-2002: St. Columba, San Diego, CA
- 2002: Retired
Fr. Newman left the Diocese of Rockville Centre in the late 1980s and moved to California. In 2002, he retired from the Diocese of San Diego. Fr. Newman died on December 2, 2011.
(Sources: The Official Catholic Directory; www.bishop-accountability.org; http://www.newspaper.licatholic.org/obituaries/father-louis-newman)