Fr. Matthew Michael Sprouffske, O.Carm.
- 1954: Ordained
- 1955: Unknown
- 1956-1960: Mount Carmel High School, Los Angeles, CA
- 1961-1967: Crespi Carmelite High School, Encino, CA
- 1968-1976: Mount Carmel High School, Los Angeles, CA
- 1977-1980: Mount Carmel Priory, Los Angeles, CA
- 1981-1989: St. Raphael, Los Angeles, CA
- 1990-1992: Mount Carmel Priory, Los Angeles, CA
- 1993-2001: Unknown
- 2002: Carmelite Carefree Village, Darien, IL
- 2003-2004: Unknown
- 2005: Died
Notes: Fr. Matthew Michael Sprouffske became a Carmelite priest in 1954. At least one survivor has come forward alleging child sexual abuse by Fr. Sprouffske from 1955 to 1959, while he worked at Mt. Carmel High School in Los Angeles. The alleged survivor was his cousin, and he reportedly later told her that he had also abused her sister and another girl. In 2002, he was arrested and removed from the Carmelite Order, but the charges were later dropped. He reportedly lived at the Carmelite Carefree Village, a retirement community, in 2002. At least one civil lawsuit has been filed against Fr. Sprouffske. Fr. Sprouffske was included in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ list of priests accused of sexual misconduct involving minors. His whereabouts and whether he had access to children from 1993 until 2001 and from 2003 until his death in 2005 are unknown.