Michael A. Carroll
Fr. Michael A. Carroll was accused of sexually abusing a teenage boy and engaging in “inappropriate sexual conduct” with young adult men. In 2002, Fr. Carroll was suspended from ministry in the wake of allegations of child sexual abuse. In 2004, the Vatican exonerated Fr. Carroll and he was reinstated to ministry.
In 2002, a grand jury was convened to investigate the Diocese of Rockville Centre’s handling of clergy sexual abuse allegations. The Suffolk County Grand Jury’s description of Priest P matches public allegations against Fr. Carroll.
Fr. Michael A. Carroll was ordained a priest for the Diocese of Rockville Centre in 1985 and worked at the following locations:
- 1985-1990: St. Catherine of Sienna, Franklin Square, NY
- 1990-1993: St. Barnabas the Apostle, Bellmore, NY
- 1993-1998: St. Raymond’s, East Rockaway, NY
- 1998-2001: SS. Philip and James, St. James, NY
- 2001-2002: St. Christopher’s, Baldwin, NY (in residence)
- 2001-2002: Mercy Medical Center, Rockville Centre, NY
- Our Lady of Hope, Carle Place, NY (weekend duty)
- 2002: Suspended from ministry
- 2004-2007: Villa St. Joseph, Rockville Centre, NY (convent)
- 2004-2007: St. Christopher’s, Baldwin, NY (in residence)