Neil J. Emon, O.s.c.
- 1967-1974: Immaculate Conception Monastery: Novitiate of the Canons Regular of the Holy Cross (Crosier Fathers), Hastings, NE (LIN)
- 1975-1989: Crosier Seminary and Monastery, Onamia, MN (SCL)
- 1981-1989: St. Peter, St. Cloud, MN (SCL)
- 1990-2000: St. Alfred’s, Taylor, MI, (DET)
- 1990-2002: Crosier Community of Riverview, Riverview, MI (DET)
- 1991-2000: St. Cyprian’s, Riverview, MI (DET)
- 2001-2007: Crosier Community of Phoenix (PHX)
- 2005-2007: Retired (PHX)
- 2008-2014: Unknown
- 2015-2017: Crosier Priory, Onamia, MN (SCL)
- 2018-2019: Unknown
Father Neil J. Emon, born November 20, 1940, was ordained on June 3, 1967 and became a member of the Crosier Fathers and Brothers.
Father Emon worked in various parishes throughout Minnesota, Nebraska, and Michigan before moving to Phoenix in 2000. Father Emon’s name was included on two official lists of clergy members who have been credibly accused of child sexual abuse, including the Crosiers list (released 10/2002) and the Diocese of St. Cloud list (updated 3/14/2014).
Fr. Neil Emon was ordained a Crosier priest. In 1991 Fr. Emon admitted to abusing boys in the 1970s in Onamia, Minnesota. In 2002, Fr. Emon was removed from ministry in the wake of allegations of sexual abuse in the 1970s and 1980s. In a 2006 lawsuit, Fr. Emon was accused of sexually abusing children at the Crosier Seminary in Onamia, Minnesota in the 1970s. Fr. Emon was included on the Crosiers’ “List of names of Crosiers with one or more credible claims of sexual abuse of minors” in the section “The following Crosiers were named publicly. Since then, three have died and one has left the Crosier Order.” Fr. Emon was also included on the Diocese of Phoenix’s list of “Names of priests of religious communities who have served in the Diocese of Phoenix and have been laicized and/or removed from ministry by their communities due to sexual misconduct with a minor.” He was also listed on the Diocese of St. Cloud’s “List of clergy likely to have abused minors.” Fr. Emon is believed to be living in Phoenix, Arizona. Whether he has access to children is unknown.
Ministerial Status: In May 2002 Father Neil Emon was removed from ministry when additional information was received the Crosiers about abuse that occurred in the 1970s.
Current Location: Father Emon currently lives in Phoenix, AZ under a safety plan.