Peter L. Duvelsdorf
Fr. Peter L. Duvelsdorf was accused sexually abusing two teenage brothers. Fr. Duvelsdorf worked at St. Rose of Lima in Massapequa, New York, when he allegedly sexually abused the two teenage brothers in approximately 1978. Fr. Duvelsdorf was allowed to remain in ministry after the allegations arose and was assigned to three more parishes within the Diocese of Rockville Centre before he transferred to the Diocese of Palm Beach as an extern priest. In 1997, Fr. Duvelsdorf was arrested in Florida for public lewdness. Following the arrest, he moved back to New York where he lived at St. Pius X, a diocesan residence for retired priests.
Fr. Peter L. Duvelsdorf was ordained a priest for the Diocese of Rockville Centre on May 31, 1958 and worked at the following locations:
- 1958-1965: St. Raphael’s, East Meadow, NY
- 1965-1971: St. Mary of the Isle, Long Beach, NY
- 1971-1974: St. James, Seaford, NY
- 1974-1978: St. Rose of Lima, Massapequa, NY
- 1978-1981: Christ the King, Commack, NY
- 1981-1986: St. Patrick’s, Huntington, NY
- 1986-1991: Holy Family, Hicksville, NY
- 1991-1996: Holy Cross, Vero Beach, FL
- 1996-1997: St. Paul of the Cross, North Palm Beach, FL
- 1998-2005: St. Pius X Residence, Uniondale, NY
Fr. Duvelsdorf retired from ministry in 2000 and died on June 13, 2009.