Robert J. SaccaciO
In May 2002, Fr. Robert J. Saccacio was placed on leave and subsequently retired in the wake of allegations of child sexual abuse. Fr. Saccacio allegedly sexually abused a teenager in approximately the 1960s. In April 2003, Fr. Saccacio was named in a lawsuit and accused of abusing a second child. Fr. Saccacio worked at St. John of God in Central Islip, New York when he allegedly sexually abused the second survivor in approximately the 1970s. The abuse allegedly started when the boy was 11 and ended when he was 14.
Fr. Robert J. Saccacio was ordained a priest for the Diocese of Rockville Centre on June 3, 1961 and worked at the following locations:
- 1962-1966: St. James, Seaford, NY
- 1967-1971: St. Francis of Assisi, Greenlawn, NY
- 1972-1977: St. John of God, Central Islip, NY
- 1978-1979: Holy Family, Hicksville, NY
- 1980-1987: St. Sylvester’s, Medford, NY (Pastor)
- 1982-1983: Parish Priest Consultors
- 1988-2000: Deans and Assistant Deans – Deanery 9, Babylon
- 1988-2003: St. Martin of Tours, Amityville, NY (Pastor)
- 2003-2017: Retired
Fr. Robert J. Saccacio is believed to be residing in Laredo, Texas.
(Source: Official Catholic Directory & www.bishop-accountability.org)