Thomas G. Saloy
Fr. Thomas G. Saloy was arrested on November 17, 2006 after a yearlong investigation of Saloy’s activities in internet chat rooms. The investigation began when the arrest of a pornography dealer revealed that Saloy was a customer. Fr. Saloy pled guilty on November 30, 2006 to possessing over 600 images of child pornography on his rectory computer. He was sentenced to three and a half years in federal prison on May 1, 2008. Fr. Saloy was placed on administrative leave immediately following his arrest in November 2006.
Fr. Thomas G. Saloy was ordained a priest for the Diocese of Rockville Centre in approximately 1988 and worked at the following locations:
- 1989-1993: St. Raphael, East Meadow, NY
- 1994-1995: St. Mary’s, East Islip, NY
- 1996-2006: Our Lady of Grace, West Babylon, NY (2003: Administrator)
- 2004: Priests’ Personnel Policy Board
- 2006: Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, Roosevelt, NY (Administrator)
Fr. Thomas G. Saloy is currently registered as a Level 2 sex offender in New York. He is believed to be residing in Bethpage, New York.
(Source: Official Catholic Directory; www.bishop-accountability.org; https://nysexoffenders.com/offender/thomas-saloy-35411)