Fr. James R. McNerney
- 1982-1983 Our Lady of the Assumption, Latham, NY (ALB)
- 1984-1986 St. Mary’s, Ballston Spa, NY (ALB)
- 1987-1988 Unknown 1997-2004 St. Paul the Apostle, Troy, NY (ALB)
- 1989-1992 St. Patrick, Catskill, NY (ALB)
- 1993-1994 St. John the Evangelist, Schenectady, NY (ALB)
- 1995-1996 St. Joseph, Green Island, NY (ALB)
- 1996 Sacred Heart of Mary, Watervliet, NY (ALB)
- 2005-2019 Unknown
In 2003, Fr. James R. McNerney was placed on leave following an allegation that he sexually abused a minor in the 1980s. The Church’s Sexual Misconduct Review Board found “reasonable grounds” for the allegation and placed Fr. McNerney on administrative leave in 2004. Fr. McNerney was named on the Diocese of Albany’s lists of “Clergy Credibly Accused While Serving in the Diocese of Albany.” Fr. McNerney’s status as a priest, his current whereabouts, and whether he has access to children are unknown.
*Father James R. McNerney was previously identified as Father James C. (R.) McNerney as it appeared in a June 14, 2004 article in the Albany Times Union.