Fr. Peter McCormick, S.P.
- 1971-1973 Via Coeli Monastery, Jemez Springs, NM
- 1974-1975 Holy Spirit Retreat, Canton, OH
- 1976-1978 St. Mary, Glens Falls, NY
- 1979-1980 St. Joseph’s Little Falls, NY
- 1981 Unassigned
- 1982 St. Ambrose’s, Latham, NY
- 1983-1984 Unknown
- 1985-2000 Sacred Heart Church, Palm Desert, CA
- 2001-2018 Unknown
According to records from the Diocese of San Bernardino, Fr. McCormick began sexually abusing a 13-year-old boy at a church near Los Angeles in 1990 and the abuse continued until the boy became an adult. The Diocese received the allegation in February 2000 and removed Fr. McCormick from ministry shortly thereafter. He was permanently banned from ministry in the Diocese. The Diocese did not report the alleged abuse to the police until 2002. Fr. McCormick was included in the Diocese
of San Bernardino’s list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. His current whereabouts, status as a priest, and whether he has access to children are unknown.