Thomas G. Meyer, OMI
Father Meyer was born on August 4, 1938, and ordained on September 8, 1970. Father Meyer was a priest of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate (“Oblates”). He worked at parishes and assignments in Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin and Missouri. His Minnesota assignments included parishes in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis and the Diocese of Duluth.
Father Meyer is included on official lists of clergy members who have been credibly accused of child sexual abuse, including lists made public by the Oblates and the Diocese of Duluth in 2015.
According to the Diocese of Duluth and our research, Father Meyer served in the following parishes and assignments:
• 1970 Ordained
• 1971-72 Vocation Dept., St. Henry’s Seminary, Belleville, IL
• 1972-73 Assoc.Pastor, St. John the Baptist Church, Green Bay, WI
• 1973-77 Staff, St. Henry’s Seminary, Belleville, IL
• 1977-82 Assoc.Pastor, St. John the Baptist Church, Duck Creek, Howard, WI 1982-83 Preaching, King’s House of Retreats, Belleville, IL
• 1983-90 Pastor, St. Casimir Parish, St. Paul, MN
• 1990-98 Pastor, Sts. Peter & Paul Parish, Alton, IL
• 1998-99 St. Leo the Great Parish/IHM Parish, Mansfield, MO
• 1999-2007 Parochial Vicar, St. Thomas Aquinas, International Falls, MN
• 2007-12 In Residence, St. Henry’s Oblate Residence, Belleville, IL
• 2012 Deceased
Efforts to unseal the secret documents regarding clergy sexual abuse in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, and the Diocese of Duluth, began with the first lawsuits filed under the Child Victims Act in May and June of 2013. Since then, survivors have taken numerous actions to make the files public.
In October 2015, a jury verdict was handed down against the Diocese of Duluth in a child sexual abuse case in Ramsey County involving Fr. James Vincent Fitzgerald. On December 7, 2015, the Diocese of Duluth filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection earlier in 2015.
More information on the Diocese of Duluth bankruptcy can be found at:www.andersonadvocates.com/Bankruptcy