Capuchin Child Abuser’s “Wrestling” Known and Endorsed by School
(Los Angeles, CA) – Friday in Los Angeles, on behalf of a courageous survivor, attorneys from Jeff Anderson & Associates will:
- Reveal and discuss the first of six lawsuits filed under the California Child Victims Act (AB 218) against Saint Francis High School (La Canada Flintridge, CA); the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin; and the Archdiocese of Los Angeles for child sexual assault by one of its religious order priests—Father Christopher Kearney O.F.M.Cap.—who was stationed at the school between 1970-1995.
- Reveal and discuss how Fr. Kearney systematically sexually assaulted students under the auspice of disciplinary “wrestling,” a practice widely known in the school and openly referenced in the school yearbook the same year the plaintiff in this lawsuit was assaulted.
- Reveal and discuss that Fr. Kearney has been accused of sexually abusing at least 11 children, has been named in at least two civil lawsuits, and was included in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ list of priests accused of sexual misconduct involving minors. He was most recently reported to be living in San Francisco.
- Discuss the historic California Child Victims Act (AB 218), a new law that extends the statute of limitations and provides a three-year window for sexual abuse survivors to bring lawsuits in cases that were previously barred by the statute of limitations, no matter when the abuse occurred or how old the survivor is.
- Encourage sexual abuse survivors in California to come forward confidentially under AB 218.
- Demand full disclosure by Archbishop José Horacio Gómez of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles of the identities, histories, and current whereabouts of all clergy accused of child sexual abuse who worked in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
Friday, December 27, 2019 at 10:00 AM (PT)
Hilton Checkers Los Angeles
535 South Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90071