Syracuse, New York – Wednesday in Syracuse attorneys and advocates from Jeff Anderson & Associates and LaFave, Wein, & Frament, and a courageous survivor will:
• Reveal and discuss a new lawsuit brought by a former Boy Scout and Weedsport Central School District student under the New York Child Victims Act against the Boy Scouts of America, Long House Council (formerly Cuyahoga Council), and the Weedsport Central School District for sexual abuse by Victor L. Sine, longtime Scout Leader and Weedsport School District employee.
• Provide the plaintiff, who was abused by Victor L. Sine between 1976-1977, the opportunity to speak publicly for the first time about the abuse and his experience reporting the abuse to the Scouts and law enforcement back in 1999.
• Discuss the fact that despite the survivor’s 1999 report directly to Boy Scouts of America, Victor Sine’s identity, crimes and IV File (Perversion File) are still being covered-up by the Boy Scouts today.
• Discuss the New York Child Victims Act – a law that extends the statute of limitations and provides a one-year window (closing August 13, 2020) for sexual abuse survivors to bring lawsuits in cases that were previously time-barred, no matter when the abuse occurred or how old the survivor is.
• Encourage sexual abuse survivors of the Boy Scouts of America and Weedsport Central School District to come forward confidentially under the New York Child Victims Act.
• Demand full disclosure by the Boy Scouts of America of the identities, histories, and current whereabouts of all volunteers and employees accused of child sexual abuse, and release to the public all IV / Perversion Files.
WHERE: Marriott Syracuse Downtown
100 East Onondaga Street
The press event will be streamed live on LaFave, Wein, & Frament’s Facebook https://www.facebook.com/LWFlegal/ and will be made available later on Jeff Anderson & Associates’ YouTube https://www.youtube.com/andersonadvocates and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AndersonAdvocates/
Mike Finnegan: 612.205.5531 (c), 651.227.9990 (o)
Cynthia LaFave: 518.869.9094 (c), 518.281.9494 (o)
Jason Frament: 518.281.9494 (o)