Diocese of Buffalo Failed to Remove Fr. Freeman From Ministry After at Least Three Reports to the Diocese
(Buffalo, NY) – On Tuesday in Buffalo, a sexual abuse survivor and the law firms of Steve Boyd, PC and Jeff Anderson & Associates will:
- Speak publicly for the first time about sexual abuse by Fr. Michael Freeman at St. Mary of the Assumption Church in Buffalo, NY and how the Diocese of Buffalo received at least three reports of abuse by Fr. Freeman prior to the survivor’s abuse;
- Discuss the Diocese of Buffalo’s compensation program and how the survivor chose to decline the highest settlement offer in any compensation program offered thus far in New York, instead opting to pursue a case under the New York Child Victims Act;
- Announce a filing by the survivor requiring the Diocese of Buffalo to reveal its insurance;
- Demand the Diocese of Buffalo release all the names of every credibly accused priest who has worked in the Diocese, as well information on the alleged perpetrator’s history, their current whereabouts and what the Diocese knew about alleged child sexual abuse.
- Encourage sexual abuse survivors to come forward confidentially under the New York Child Victims Act.
Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 1:00 PM (ET)
140 Lower Terrace
Buffalo, NY 14202