Courageous Survivor Speaks Publicly and Files Lawsuit Under the New Jersey Victims’ Rights Bill
Survivors in New Jersey Have Days to File Lawsuits
What: At an outdoor protest, survivors of child sexual abuse, including a man who was sexually abused by Catholic priest Msgr. Eugene Fanelli, will:
- Hand-deliver a letter demanding West New York City officials immediately remove a city-owned street sign that honors alleged child predator Msgr. Eugene Fanelli.
- Implore Cardinal Tobin and Archdiocese of Newark officials to remove the street sign and add Fanelli’s name to the Archdiocese’s List of Credibly Accused Clergy.
- Urge all survivors of child sexual abuse in New Jersey to take action under the New Jersey Victims’ Rights Bill before November 30, 2021.
A survivor who was abused by Fanelli will also speak publicly and disclose:
- Both he and his father were sexually abused by Fanelli.
- A lawsuit filed against the Archdiocese of Newark identifying Fanelli as an abuser.
When: Wednesday, November 10, 2021, at 2:30 PM ET
- Meeting Location: Miller Park
- Miller Park is two blocks away from the protest location
- Protest Location: Street sign Msgr. Eugene Fanelli Street Sign, on the corner of Washington Street and 59th Street
MEDIA NOTE: Video files will be available for download following the conclusion of the event for use by broadcast and digital media. Submit requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.