St. Paul Attorneys and local clergy abuse survivor join to ask court to unseal list of 33 priest offenders in the Archdiocese of St. Paul-Minneapolis
Victim will reveal name of Archdiocese priest who abused him
Shocking Archdiocese correspondence to be exposed
WHAT: At a news conference on Wednesday in St. Paul, prominent clergy abuse attorneys Jeff Anderson and Mike Finnegan will:
• Announce the filing of a pleading requesting a Ramsey County District Judge to unseal a list of 33 credibly accused priests from court files.
• Introduce a Minnesota child sexual abuse survivor who will for the first time reveal his identity and discuss his abuse, identifying his abuser who has never been publicly named.
• Reveal confidential Archdiocesan communications pertaining to this victim’s alleged perpetrator and complaints made by the victim’s parents in 1966 about the priest examining their children’s sexual organs, and how the Archdiocese failed to remove him from ministry, thus exposing other children and communities to potential harm.
• Call for a complete revelation of all known offenders in each Minnesota diocese.
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 at 11:00 AM CDT
Law Offices of Jeff Anderson & Associates
366 Jackson Street
St. Paul, MN 55101
WHO: Attorney Jeff Anderson, a St. Paul, Minnesota-based, internationally known trial lawyer widely recognized as a pioneer in sexual abuse litigation. Anderson has represented thousands of survivors of sexual abuse by authority figures and clergy. Attorney Mike Finnegan works alongside Jeff Anderson representing survivors throughout Minnesota and the country. Finnegan has represented hundreds of survivors of sexual abuse by authority figures and clergy.
• Information packets will be available at the press conference.