Perpetrator’s Identity to be Released to Public For First Time
Survivor Will Speak and Encourage Others to Come Forward Before April 30, 2018 Deadline
(New York) – Today, February 15, 2018, Attorney J. Michael Reck of Jeff Anderson & Associates P.A. will:
- Release the name and photographs of a Diocese of Rockville Centre perpetrator whose identity has never been publicly released. The perpetrator left the priesthood and became a psychotherapist working with children after abusing children in the Diocese of Rockville Centre.
- Discuss the allegations of child sexual abuse brought against the perpetrator by multiple survivors.
- Introduce a survivor of the perpetrator who will speak publicly for the first time about the abuse.
- Discuss the details of the Diocese of Rockville Centre’s Independent Reconciliation and Compensation Program.
- Encourage other sexual abuse survivors who may qualify for the compensation program to come forward before the April 30, 2018 deadline.
Thursday, February 15, 2018, at 12:00 PM (EST)
Long Island Marriot (Hofstra Room)
101 James Doolittle Boulevard
Uniondale, NY 11553
The event will be live-streamed from Facebook.
Documents for the event will be posted at the time of the press conference Thursday under “News and Events.”