Sexual abuse survivor to speak publicly about his abuse at St. John’s Preparatory School by Father Allen Tarlton
Second civil suit to be filed under the Child Victims Act
(St. Paul, MN) – At a news conference on Wednesday in St. Cloud, MN prominent clergy abuse attorney Jeff Anderson will:
- Introduce the childhood sexual abuse survivor who is courageously bringing suit against the Order of St. Benedict which includes St. John’s Abbey and St. John’s Preparatory School, along with Father Allen Tarlton, for abuse he endured while attending the prep school as a 14-year-old boy.
- Announce the filing of the second civil lawsuit filed under the new Child Victims Act alongside a local, experienced, personal injury attorney, Michael Bryant of St. Cloud, MN.
- Discuss the sordid history of Father Allen Tarlton (aka Gilbert Tarlton, Allen Berry) and his ongoing sexual abuse of children and extensive treatment while at St. John’s. Tarlton remained in ministry with access to children despite several attempts at treatment and reports of sexual abuse.
WHEN: Wednesday, June 5th, 2013 at 11:00 AM
WHERE: Bradshaw & Bryant, PLLC
1505 Division Street
Waite Park, MN 56387
WHO: Attorney Jeff Anderson, a St. Paul, Minnesota-based, internationally known trial lawyer widely recognized as a pioneer in sexual abuse litigation. Anderson has represented thousands of survivors of sexual abuse by authority figures and clergy. Attorney Michael Bryant has over 20 years of experience as a personal injury attorney and has teamed up with Jeff Anderson to help sexual abuse survivors in Minnesota. Sexual abuse survivor of Fr. Allen Tarlton will discuss the abuse he endured at St. John’s by Fr. Tarlton and what he and others are now doing to help survivors in Minnesota obtain the justice they rightfully deserve.
• Information packets including a complete timeline and history of Fr. Tarlton will be available at the press conference.
• Tarlton, removed from active ministry in 2002, was last known to be living at St. John’s Abbey under restriction.
Contact Jeff Anderson: Office/651.227.9990 Mobile/612.817.8665
Contact Michael Bryant: Office/320.259.5414 Mobile/800-359-0061