Multiple Perpetrators To Be Identified Publicly for the First Time
Survivors to Speak Publicly About Lawsuits
(Uniondale, NY) – Wednesday in Uniondale, NY, sexual abuse survivors and the law firm of Jeff Anderson & Associates will:
- Announce the filing of over 15 lawsuits against the Diocese of Rockville Centre on Wednesday, when the one-year window provision of the New York Child Victims Act (CVA) takes effect;
- Reveal a list of the names of the perpetrators named in the lawsuits, including multiple perpetrators who will be named publicly for the first time;
- Reveal a list of the locations at which the named perpetrators worked and abused children;
- Demand the Diocese of Rockville Centre and Bishop John Barres release all the names of every credibly accused priest who has worked in the Diocese, as well information on the alleged perpetrators’ history, current whereabouts and what the Diocese knew about alleged child sexual abuse;
- Discuss the CVA, which was signed into law in February 2019. The CVA window gives survivors of child sexual abuse one year to bring lawsuits in cases that were previously barred by the statute of limitations, no matter when the abuse occurred;
- Encourage sexual abuse survivors to come forward confidentially under the CVA;
- Announce that Jeff Anderson & Associates is partnering with Robins Kaplan LLP, one of the nations’ pre-eminent trial law firms, with offices in New York and across the country. For over 80 years, Robins Kaplan has obtained justice on behalf of individuals harmed by some of the largest and most powerful institutions in the world.
Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 1:30 PM (ET)
Long Island Marriott
101 James Doolittle Blvd.
Uniondale, NY 11553
On June 3, 2019, Jeff Anderson & Associates released The Anderson Report on Sexual Abuse in the Diocese of Rockville Centre that contained the names, photographs and assignment histories of 65 clergy members accused of child sexual abuse.