Over 10 Perpetrators to be Identified Publicly for the First Time
Survivors to Speak Publicly About Lawsuits
(Rochester, NY) – Wednesday in Rochester, sexual abuse survivors and the law firms of Steve Boyd, PC and Jeff Anderson & Associates will:
- Announce the filing of over 25 lawsuits against the Diocese of Rochester on Wednesday, when the one-year window provision of the New York Child Victims Act (CVA) takes effect;
- Reveal a list of the names of the perpetrators named in the lawsuits, including over 10 perpetrators who will be named publicly for the first time;
- Reveal a list of the locations at which the named perpetrators worked and abused children;
- Demand the Diocese of Rochester and Bishop Salvatore Matano release all the names of every credibly accused priest who has worked in the Diocese, as well information on the alleged perpetrators’ history, current whereabouts and what the Diocese knew about alleged child sexual abuse;
- Discuss the CVA, which was signed into law in February 2019. The CVA window gives survivors of child sexual abuse one year to bring lawsuits in cases that were previously barred by the statute of limitations, no matter when the abuse occurred;
- Encourage sexual abuse survivors to come forward confidentially under the CVA.
Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 2:00 PM (ET)
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester NY Downtown
155 East Main Street
Rochester, NY 14604
The press conference will be live-streamed via YouTube and Facebook.