Law Firms of Jeff Anderson and Steve Boyd to Identify Over 10 Perpetrators Publicly for the First Time
Survivors and Prominent Catholic Whistleblower to Speak Publicly Today in Buffalo on Eve of the One-Year Window
(Buffalo, NY) – Today in Buffalo, sexual abuse survivors, prominent Catholic whistleblower and former Diocese of Buffalo employee Siobahn O’Connor, and the law firms of Steve Boyd, PC and Jeff Anderson & Associates will:
- Announce the filing of over 80 lawsuits against the Diocese of Buffalo on Wednesday when the one-year window provision of the New York Child Victims Act (CVA) takes effect;
- Reveal a list of the names of dozens of perpetrators named in the lawsuits, including over 10 perpetrators who will be named publicly for the first time. (The list is attached, with perpetrators named for the first time highlighted in red);
- Reveal a list (see attached) of the locations at which the named perpetrators worked and abused children;
- Demand the Diocese of Buffalo and Bishop Richard Malone release all the names of every credibly accused priest who has worked in the Diocese, as well information on the alleged perpetrators’ history, current whereabouts and what the Diocese knew about alleged child sexual abuse;
- Discuss the CVA, which was signed into law in February 2019. The CVA window gives survivors of child sexual abuse one year to bring lawsuits in cases that were previously barred by the statute of limitations, no matter when the abuse occurred;
- Encourage sexual abuse survivors to come forward confidentially under the CVA;
- Attorney Steve Boyd will invite media members to observe as his firm begins filing the lawsuits at his Buffalo office at 12:01 a.m. on Wednesday, August 14.
Today, Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 3:00 PM (EST)
The Law Offices of Steve Boyd
40 N. Forest Road
Buffalo, NY 14221
In March 2018, Jeff Anderson & Associates released two reports on sexual abuse in the Diocese of Buffalo that contained the names, photographs, and assignment histories of 55 clergy members accused of child sexual abuse.