Chicago News Conference Tuesday: Attorneys to announce record $19.6 Million settlement of lawsuit of six sexual abuse victims of prominent former Jesuit Donald McGuire
Survivors and Attorneys to present newly obtained details and photos
What: At a news conference on Tuesday in Chicago prominent clergy abuse attorneys Jeff Anderson and Marc Pearlman will:
• Announce the settlement of a lawsuit against the Jesuit’s Chicago Province of the Society of Jesus involving sexual abuse of six men sexually abused as youth by former Jesuit Donald McGuire.
• Identify top Jesuit officials who endangered children by failing to stop McGuire’s predatory exploitation.
• Produce newly obtained evidence of McGuire’s 40-year pattern of abusing children on several continents as he traveled the world on behalf of the Jesuits.
• Introduce a survivor of abuse by McGuire who will speak publicly about his abuse.
WHEN: Tuesday, May 21 at 1 P.M.
WHERE: Law offices of Kerns, Frost & Pearlman and Jeff Anderson and Associates
Three First National Plaza
70 West Madison, Suite 5350
WHO: Attorney Jeff Anderson, a St. Paul, Minnesota-based, internationally known trial lawyer widely recognized as a pioneer in sexual abuse litigation. Anderson has represented thousands of survivors of sexual abuse by authority figures and clergy. Attorney Marc Pearlman, Chicago-based attorney who has partnered with Jeff Anderson on numerous clergy abuse cases in Illinois. Patrick Wall, former Benedictine monk and priest who has studied Father McGuire since 2002
• Information packets including a complete timeline and map of McGuire’s life as a Jesuit will be available at the news conference.
• McGuire, who was indicted for his crimes in Wisconsin, Illinois and Arizona, is currently serving a 25-year sentence in federal prison.
Contact Jeff Anderson: Office/651.227.9990 Mobile/612.817.8665
Contact Marc J. Pearlman: Office/312.261.4554