One Perpetrator Identified Publicly for the First Time
(Syracuse, NY) – Today in Syracuse, the law firms of LaFave, Wein & Frament, and Jeff Anderson & Associates will:
- Announce the filing of six lawsuits against the Diocese of Syracuse yesterday (Wednesday, August 14, 2019) when the one-year window provision of the New York Child Victims Act (CVA) took effect;
- Reveal a list of the names of the perpetrators named in the lawsuits, including one perpetrator named publicly for the first time (the list is attached, with the perpetrator named for the first time highlighted in red);
- Reveal a list of the locations at which the named perpetrators worked and abused children (see attached);
- Demand the Diocese of Syracuse and Bishop Douglas Lucia release all the names of every credibly accused priest who has worked in the Diocese, as well information on the alleged perpetrators’ history, current whereabouts and what the Diocese knew about alleged child sexual abuse;
- Discuss the CVA, which was signed into law in February 2019. The CVA window gives survivors of child sexual abuse one year to bring lawsuits in cases that were previously barred by the statute of limitations, no matter when the abuse occurred;
- Encourage sexual abuse survivors to come forward confidentially under the CVA.
Today, Thursday, August 15, 2019 at 10:00 AM (ET)
Courtyard Marriott Armory Square Syracuse
Room: Courtyard Lobby Space
300 West Fayette Street
Syracuse, NY 13202
On March 14, 2018, Jeff Anderson & Associates released the report Clerical Sexual Abuse in the Diocese of Syracuse that contained the names, photographs and assignment histories of 19 clergy members accused of child sexual abuse.