Serial Perpetrator Sexually Assaulted Dozens of Young Boys Across Archdiocese, Created Secret “Sex Club” and Abuse Rituals
(New York, NY) – Tuesday in Manhattan, on behalf of three courageous survivors, attorneys from Jeff Anderson & Associates will:
- Reveal and discuss five lawsuits filed under the New York Child Victims Act against the Archdiocese of New York for child sexual assault by Fr. Edward A Pipala, a notorious predator assigned to multiple parishes and schools within the Archdiocese during the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s.
- Reveal and discuss how Fr. Pipala sexually abused a reported 30–50 young boys over six assignments within the Archdiocese of New York.
- Discuss how the Archdiocese of New York first became aware of Fr. Pipala’s sexual abuse of young boys approximately 15 years before Fr. Pipala was arrested and convicted of child sexual abuse.
- Discuss Fr. Pipala’s exclusive club of young boys (“The Hole”) that met at Sacred Heart parish in Monroe, NY. Fr. Pipala swore the boys to secrecy and admitted that 30 to 50 boys belonged to the secret club where he provided the boys with liquor and beer before sexually assaulting them. It is unknown how many boys were recruited and initiated in total, but the number is believed to be in the dozens.
- Discuss the historic New York Child Victims Act—a law that extends the statute of limitations and provides a one-year window (closing August 13, 2020) for sexual abuse survivors to bring lawsuits in cases that were previously time-barred, no matter when the abuse occurred or how old the survivor is.
- Encourage sexual abuse survivors to come forward confidentially under the New York Child Victims Act.
- Demand full disclosure by Archbishop Timothy Dolan (Archdiocese of New York) of the identities, histories, and current whereabouts of all clergy accused of child sexual abuse who worked in the Archdiocese of New York.
Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 12:00 PM (ET)
Wyndham Garden Chinatown
17th Floor Meeting Space
New York, NY 10002