Attorneys to Reveal & Discuss Decades of Church Officials’ Knowledge of McCarrick’s Sexual Misconduct and Reports Made to Officials
Virtual Press Conference Today @ 2:00pm ET / 1:00pm CT
(Saint Paul, MN) – Today over a live moderated virtual press conference attorneys Jeff Anderson and Mike Finnegan will:
- Discuss the significance of the Vatican’s report on Cardinal Theodore McCarrick, which Vatican officials announced would be released tomorrow (Nov 10), and what it means for Catholic leadership and survivors of abuse by McCarrick and other clergy
- Discuss the firm’s five cases naming McCarrick as a perpetrator of sexual abuse
- Reveal and discuss evidence obtained by the firm that there were several reports in the 1980s and 1990s to church officials that should have been investigated and should have led to the removal of McCarrick from ministry
- Reveal and discuss the firm’s discovery of widespread instances of McCarrick’s interactions and sexual abuse of children spanning the 1960s to the 1990s which should have been uncovered by officials in their investigation of McCarrick
- Discuss the significance of the report and what should be expected of Pope Francis and Catholic Bishops moving forward
- Demand that Pope Francis and the Holy See:
- Release all the identities of thousands of offenders known exclusively by the Vatican and held in strict secrecy;
- Release the files and pertinent histories of the thousands of offenders;
- Release the identities of the top officials accused of sexual abuse worldwide, including the histories of each known only by the Vatican;
- Report all evidence held secretly in its possession in the papal office of clerical crimes to law enforcement worldwide
A moderated Q&A will immediately follow.
Today: November 9, 2020 at 2:00pm (ET) / 1:00pm (CT)
The press conference will take place over a Zoom conference call, and will be filmed live in our Saint Paul office simultaneously. Attendees will be muted upon arrival but will be able to submit questions through Zoom chat to be addressed during the Q&A. Attendees can also wait until the conclusion of the presentation to ask questions directly over Zoom.
Press are welcome to join the Zoom call. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for login information.
The press conference will be filmed at 1080p resolution with a broadcast camera and uploaded in real time to Vimeo. Video files will be uploaded to Vimeo and available for download here following the conclusion of the event for use by broadcast and digital media (upload may take several minutes). A Dropbox link for more immediate access to the video files is available upon request. Submit requests to email@example.com.