Virtual Press Conference Today @ 11am ET / 10am CT
(St. Paul, MN) – Today over a live moderated virtual press conference attorney Jeff Anderson will:
- Discuss the Vatican’s Investigation and Report on Cardinal Theodore McCarrick which was released earlier today, and what it means for Catholic leadership and survivors of abuse by McCarrick and other clergy
- Discuss McCarrick’s history of abuse throughout his rise to power in the Catholic Church and those who supported and protected him
- Discuss the significance of the report and what should be expected of Pope Francis and Catholic Bishops moving forward
- Demand that Pope Francis and the Holy See:
- Release all the identities of thousands of offenders known exclusively by the Vatican and held in strict secrecy;
- Release the files and pertinent histories of the thousands of offenders;
- Release the identities of the top officials accused of sexual abuse worldwide, including the histories of each known only by the Vatican;
- Report all evidence held secretly in its possession in the papal office of clerical crimes to law enforcement worldwide
A moderated Q&A will immediately follow.
Today: November 10, 2020 at 11:00 AM (ET) / 10:00 AM (CT)
The press conference will take place over a Zoom conference call, and will be filmed live in our Saint Paul office simultaneously. Attendees will be muted upon arrival but will be able to submit questions through Zoom chat to be addressed during the Q&A. Attendees can also wait until the conclusion of the presentation to ask questions directly over Zoom.
Press are welcome to join the Zoom call. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for meeting link and login.
The press conference will be filmed at 1080p resolution with a broadcast camera and uploaded in real time to Vimeo. Video files will be uploaded to Vimeo and available for download here following the conclusion of the event for use by broadcast and digital media (upload may take several minutes). A Dropbox link for more immediate access to the video files is available upon request. Submit requests to email@example.com.