Investigation reveals thousands of lawsuits involving Catholic Dioceses and alleged clergy perpetrators in New York
(New York, NY) – Tomorrow, over a live moderated virtual press conference attorney Jeff Anderson will:
- Reveal and discuss findings from an investigation into lawsuits filed under the New York Child Victims Act between August 14, 2019 and December 31, 2020 involving the Catholic bishops and dioceses across New York.
- Reveal and discuss repeat, alleged offenders in each diocese who are accused of child sexual abuse and identified in lawsuits across the state.
- Reveal and discuss the Catholic institutions and religious orders frequently identified as defendants in lawsuits across the state and in individual dioceses.
- Demand that all New York bishops release the names of all Church officials complicit in concealing child sexual abuse, and the names of all known alleged perpetrators accused of child sexual abuse so that survivors may pursue justice under the New York Child Victims Act before the CVA deadline in August.
- Introduce a digital dashboard developed by the firm to allow survivors to easily interact with the NY CVA lawsuit analysis.
A moderated Q&A will immediately follow.
Tuesday April 6, 2020 at 11:00 AM (ET) / 10:00 AM (CT)
The press conference will take place over a Zoom conference call and will be filmed live in our Saint Paul office simultaneously. Attendees will be muted upon arrival but will be able to submit questions through Zoom chat to be addressed during the Q&A. Attendees can also wait until the conclusion of the presentation to ask questions directly over Zoom.
ZOOM Details: Press are welcome to join the Zoom call. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for login information.
The press conference will also be live-streamed via Vimeo, Facebook, and in the News section of our website.
The press conference will be filmed at 1080p resolution with a broadcast camera and uploaded in real time to Vimeo. Video files will be uploaded to Vimeo and available for download here following the conclusion of the event for use by broadcast and digital media (upload may take several minutes). A Dropbox link for faster access to the video files is available upon request. Submit requests to email@example.com.