Perpetrator Brother Walter Hicks, F.C., Left Order, Believed to Have Become Therapist for Survivors
Attorneys to Discuss Lawsuit Today
(Camden/Mt. Laurel Township, NJ) – Today in Camden/Mt. Laurel Township, attorneys from Jeff Anderson & Associates and Gianforcaro Law will:
- Reveal and discuss a lawsuit filed under New Jersey’s new Victim’s Rights Bill by a survivor who was sexually abused as a minor by Br. Walter Hicks, a former member of the Brothers of Charity, in approximately 1978-1980 at St. Peter’s in Pleasantville, New Jersey, in the Diocese of Camden. The lawsuit includes claims of negligence against the Diocese of Camden, the parish and the Brothers of Charity order;
- Plaintiff was unable to seek justice for the abuse due to the statute of limitations until the new Victim’s Rights Bill became effective on Sunday, December 1, 2019;
- Reveal and discuss how Hicks is believed to have left the Brothers of Charity order and to have become a therapist counseling victims of abuse. Hicks’ current whereabouts are unknown;
- Demand Bishop Dennis J. Sullivan of the Diocese of Camden disclose the identities, histories, and current whereabouts of all clergy accused of child sexual abuse who worked in the Diocese of Camden;
- Discuss New Jersey’s historic Victim’s Rights Bill, a new law that extends the statute of limitations and provides a two-year window for sexual abuse survivors to bring lawsuits in cases that were previously barred by the statute of limitations, no matter when the abuse occurred or how old the survivor is;
- Encourage sexual abuse survivors to come forward confidentially under the Victim’s Rights Bill.
Today: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 1:00 PM (ET)
Courtyard by Marriott Mt. Laurel Cherry Hill
Anderson & Associates Room
1000 Century Parkway
Mt. Laurel Township, NJ 08054
In May 2019, Jeff Anderson & Associates released The Anderson Report: Sexual Abuse in the Archdiocese and Dioceses in New Jersey, which contains the names, photographs, and assignment histories of approximately 300 clergy members accused of child sexual abuse. In addition, Jeff Anderson & Associates released The Anderson List: Sexual Abuse in the Boy Scouts of America (New Jersey), which provides names and locations of Boy Scout perpetrators in New Jersey.