Names and Histories of 20 Perpetrators Kept Secret by New York Bishops to be Exposed for the First Time Today
Diocese of Brooklyn Sued for Exposing the Public to Known Child Abusers
Sexual Abuse Survivor to Speak Publicly
(New York, NY) – At a news conference on Tuesday in New York City, a sexual abuse survivor and his attorneys and advocates will:
- Expose the names and histories of 20 priests accused of child sexual abuse that have been kept secret by New York dioceses including the Archdiocese of New York, Diocese of Brooklyn, Diocese of Rockville Centre, Diocese of Syracuse and Diocese of Ogdensburg;
- Announce the settlement of 21 claims from the Independent Reconciliation and Compensation Programs implemented by the Catholic dioceses in New York and why these programs are deficient;
- Announce the filing of a lawsuit naming all eight Catholic bishops in New York for conspiracy to conceal the known histories and identities from the public, parishioners and law enforcement, of clergy accused of sexually abusing children;
- Demand the release of the files pertinent to the histories of each priest so the public, police and parishioners know who was complicit in the ongoing concealment of this hazard;
- Demand full disclosure of all known offenders in the Archdiocese of New York, Diocese of Rockville Centre, Diocese of Ogdensburg and Diocese of Syracuse where no such list has been released to-date.
Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 1:00 PM (ET)
The Westin New York at Times Square
Minetta Room – 8th Floor
270 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036
Watch the event live on our website www.andersonadvocates.com, on Facebook, Twitter and on YouTube.
Copies of the lawsuit and information on the 20 perpetrators will be available tomorrow morning on our website.