Whereabouts of many of the 1,700 accused priests are unknown
Virtual press event today: statewide investigation reveals lawsuits involving Catholic dioceses and alleged clergy perpetrators in New York
(New York, NY) – Today, over a live moderated virtual press conference, attorney Jeff Anderson will:
- Unveil findings from an investigation into lawsuits filed under the New York Child Victims Act between August 14, 2019, and May 31, 2021, involving all Catholic Dioceses across New York.
- Announce and discuss over 3,300 lawsuits filed under the New York Child Victims Act (CVA).
- Announce and discuss over 1,700 alleged perpetrators identified in lawsuits filed under the New York CVA.
- Reveal 176 newly identified alleged perpetrators that have not been publicly identified before in diocesan lists, religious order lists, or other forms of media.
- Implore the public to aid in identifying which of the newly identified alleged perpetrators are potentially still alive and may have access to children.
- Demand that all New York bishops release the names of all Church officials complicit in concealing child sexual abuse, and the names of all known alleged perpetrators accused of child sexual abuse, so survivors can pursue justice under the New York Child Victims Act before the CVA deadline on August 13, 2021.
- Introduce an updated New York CVA digital dashboard that allows survivors and the public to easily interact with New York CVA lawsuit information.
A moderated Q&A will immediately follow.
Thursday, July 22, 2021, at 11:00 AM (ET) / 10:00 AM (CT)
The press conference will take place over a Zoom conference call and will be filmed live in our Saint Paul office simultaneously. Attendees will be muted upon arrival but will be able to submit questions through Zoom chat to be addressed during the Q&A. Attendees can also wait until the conclusion of the presentation to ask questions directly over Zoom.
ZOOM Details: Press are welcome to join the Zoom call. Please contact email@example.com for login information.
The press conference will also be live-streamed via Vimeo, Facebook, YouTube, and in the News section of our website.
The press conference will be filmed at 1080p resolution with a broadcast camera and uploaded to Vimeo. Video files will be uploaded to Vimeo and available for download here following the conclusion of the event for use by broadcast and digital media (upload may take several minutes). A Dropbox link for access to the video files is also available upon request. Submit requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.