What is Trauma-Informed Training and Who Would Benefit From it?

Where Can I Get Trauma-Informed Training?

Numerous organizations—including some colleges and universities—offer trauma-informed training for any professional or volunteer who engages with people affected by trauma. These trainings can be tailored to an individual’s specific needs and are delivered online or in person.

Many licensing bodies also include trauma-informed care training as a part of their continuing education offerings. To find the best program for you, research your particular needs and desired outcomes for the training. There are many low-cost training solutions available.

How Do I Know if My Attorney, Police Force, or Doctor Are Trauma-Informed? How Can I Suggest Training for Them?

The easiest way to find out is to ask. If you find that professionals in your area do not have trauma-informed training, you can work closely with lawmakers, city officials, hospitals, and first responders to make sure that all of an area’s government, healthcare, and law enforcement professionals are trauma-informed.

Who Needs to Be Trauma-Informed?

Anyone who works with victims of trauma should be trauma-informed. That includes the law enforcement community, judges, attorneys, doctors, therapists, teachers, and anyone else who can potentially work with survivors of abuse.

Jump to: Back to Top